Competition Rules & Online Entry Submission
This competition is only open to residents of Florida
World Quilt Show - Florida V
West Palm Beach, Florida
January 9-11, 2014
Florida Quilt Competition
A Juried and Judged Quilt Competition
Over $3600 in Prize Money
- Best of Show - $1,000
- 2nd - $750
- 3rd - $500
- Best Hand Workmanship - $250
- Best Machine Workmanship - $250
- Best Pictorial Quilt - $250
- Best Use of Color - $250
- Best Use of Embellishments - $250
- Viewers’ Choice - $100
- Judge’s Choice Ribbons
Quilt Competition Rules-– Please Read Carefully Before Entering
IMPORTANT: This is a Florida competition open to residents of Florida only.
- Quilt must be the work of the person or group applying to the competition.
- Limit of 2 entries per person or group.
- Family members/permanent employees of show management or sponsors are not eligible.
- Quilt must be constructed and quilted by person(s) named on entry blank.
- Entry must be quilted by hand or machine.
- No kits or tied quilts.
- Quilts must be greater than or equal to 1,296 square inches.
- Quilts that have won cash or sewing machines prizes at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, Denver National Quilt Festival, World Quilt Show – New England, Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza, Pacific International Quilt Festival or World Quilt Show - Florida are not eligible to be judged.
- Entries must have been finished in 2011, 2012 or 2013 and be in excellent condition.
- Each entry must have a 4” sleeve casing.
- Each entry must have a cloth label with the name, address and telephone number of the entrant securely sewn to the back.
- Entries must be available for display at the World Quilt Show - Florida, January 9-11, 2014, at the Palm Beach County Convention Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- If a quilt is to be hand-delivered to the festival and/or picked up from the festival, the show management company must be notified before December 20, 2013 using the drop-off/pick-up form that will be enclosed with the competition acceptance letter.
- If the quilt is to be return shipped to an address other than the one listed on this form, the show management company must be notified in writing of the change prior to December 20, 2013.
- If accepted, images submitted and photographs taken become the property of the World Quilt Show - Florida for publicity and/or publication use.
- Prize winners will be notified within ten (10) business days. Viewers’ Choice will be presented at the Meet & Greet event on Saturday, January 11, 2014.
- Filing of your signed application signifies agreement with these conditions.
- Entries must be submitted online on or before December 2, 2013.
- Notification of decision of Jurors, and instructions for quilt shipment will be mailed to entrants – December 9, 2013.
- Accepted entries must be shipped and/or delivered to the World Quilt Show - Florida designated delivery location for exhibition.
- Entries not to arrive prior to December 16 nor later than December 20, 2013.
- Prize winners will be notified within ten business days of the close of the event.
- Entry fee of $23.00 per quilt payable online before you begin your application process.
- The entry fee includes return shipping.
- Your application will not be considered without payment.
Ship the entry or entries in a secure carton. We suggest placing the item in a sturdy plastic bag. Do not use styrofoam or cellulose products of any type. Cost of return shipping and insurance in return transit will be the responsibility of Show Management. Original carton will be used to return the item via United Parcel Service or other designated carrier. Please remove all old shipping labels from the carton prior to shipping.
Quilts will be returned United Parcel Service (or other designated carrier) and shipped within 5 business days of close of the festival. Cost of the shipping will be paid by WQ-FL. Items will be insured for $1,000 US each on return shipping. Management reserves the right to delay the return shipment of winning entries for up to ten (10) business days for the purposes of professional photography. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Important Note: We recommend you ship your entry to the World Quilt Show - Florida using a carrier with a tracking system.
IMPORTANT: Quilts are not covered for flood and earthquake. Any entry valued at more than $1,000 must be accompanied by an acceptable insurance appraisal and shipped with your quilt. If written appraisal is not enclosed with your quilt, your quilt will be insured for $1,000. Maximum $5000.
Terms and Conditions
During the registration process, you will be asked to agree to the following terms:
Entry of the above item means that I will abide by the rules and decisions of the judges. I acknowledge that David M & Peter J Mancuso, Inc. will take every precaution to protect my quilt, but understand that they cannot be responsible for acts of nature beyond their control. As an entrant my signature grants Mancuso Show Management and its designated sponsors the right to reproduce the image of my quilt for publication, advertising or promotional use. Images of accepted quilts become the property of Mancuso Show Management.
To preview the competition entry forms, click here.
Registration has closed. No further registrations will be accepted at this time.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact
Mancuso Show Management at
If you have technical questions about the on-line system, please contact
Lisa Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.